Expenses & Payments
How to handle financial transactions at Mount Eagle
Throughout the school year, there are times where a parent might need to make a payment for something at school. Check out these Frequently Asked Questions to help understand the easiest ways to make any financial payments.
Do I have to pay for my child to go field trips?
It depends. Each grade level will plan at least one field trip during the school year. Expenses for field trips include transportation and any entrance fees. Our PTO has designated $20 per child to off-set the costs of a field trip planned by the grade level teachers. Any costs over that would be covered by parents, grants and/or donations. Teachers will communicate early to parents when a trip is planned and what, if any, costs are involved.
The easiest way to pay for a school trip is to use My School Bucks. Parents can set up an account here It's easy to use on your phone or computer.
If you are sending in cash, please send it in an envelope with exact change.
My child wants to take Band or Strings lessons. Do I have to pay for that?
Students in Grades 4-6 have the option to sign up for weekly strings instruction. Only students in Grades 5-6 can sign up for band instruction. The music teachers will meet with students in early September to find out what instrument the student desires to play. Students can either rent their own instrument outside of the school or rent through FCPS. All rentals through FCPS require parents to sign an agreement and return it with the rental payment. Last year the cost was approximately $75 for the year. There is a rental assistance program for families who qualify. Last year, the reduced cost was $20. The easiest way to pay for this rental is through My School Bucks.
What are some other costs that might occur during the school year?
There are optional items that a family might decide to purchase over the course of the year:
- School pictures: Parents have the option to purchase photo packages of their child. Look for the photo flier & envelopes that will go home several weeks before the picture day. The easiest way to make a purchase is to follow the vendor's directions to pay them directly online.
- Book Fair: When we have a Book Fair, all classes first visit without money to look at the items. Then later, the fair is open for purchases before & after school with cash or credit card.
- Yearbook: In the spring, families can place an order for a yearbook paying online directly to the yearbook vendor using a code provided or check payable to Mount Eagle, or exact cash. The yearbooks are then distributed in June. The approximate cost is $20.
- Missing or Broken Item: If your child loses/damages items such as a library book, a laptop, or musical instrument, the parent may be billed.
- PTO Events: Our PTO sponsors a variety of community events throughout the year. They work to keep the costs down so that everyone can join in for events such as BINGO Night, Multicultural Night and Earth Day. At some events, food & drink will be for sale. The PTO accepts Paypal & cash.
Are checks accepted for payments to Mount Eagle?
Parents can write a check made payable to Mount Eagle until April 15. This gives us time to process the payment prior to the end of the school year. If a check is written for insufficient funds, FCPS has contracted with Check Redi to process and collect missing funds. Other fees may also apply.
Who do I contact if I have questions about my child's lunch account and payments?
Ms. Akua Owusua is our Cafeteria Manager. She can work with you to answer any questions you might have about your child's account and is available in the morning or at [email protected]
Who do I contact about questions about payments to Mount Eagle?
Ms. Debbie Schuman is our Administrative Assistant & Finance Technician. She handles all of our financial transactions at Mount Eagle. She can be reached in the Main Office at 703-721-2100 or at [email protected]