Mount Eagle Student Activities
At Mount Eagle, the following special activities are available to students during the school day:
- Band: Students in Grades 5 & 6 can choose an instrument. Lessons are on Friday during the school day. Typically there are performances in the winter & spring for families to enjoy. The Band teacher will do a presentation at the start of school and share information about instrument rentals.
- Strings: Students in Grades 4-6 can choose a strings instrument. Lessons are on Friday during the school day. Typically there are performances in the winter & spring for families to enjoy. The Strings teachers will do a presentation at the start of school and share information about instrument rentals.
- Chorus: Students in Grades 5 & 6 have an opportunity to join the Chorus, led by our Music teacher. Rehearsals are once a week during the school day. Grade 6 students have an opportunity to try-out for the All-County Chorus.
- Safety Patrols: Students in Grades 5 & 6 can apply to be a patrol with positions on the bus, on the sidewalks just outside school and within the building. Students are expected to show respect for others and the rules as well as demonstrate responsibility. Mr. Delarosa is the sponsor.
- News Team: Grade 6 students can apply to be part of the news team that produces a daily news show for the entire school each morning. Students can be newscasters or work behind the camera creating content and running the controls. Ms. Daly is the sponsor.
The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) will also sponsor afterschool activities at different times for various grade levels. They may last anywhere from 6-10 weeks. Some activities may have a fee involved. Examples of past activities have included an Art Club, Chess Club, LEGO Club and Indoor Soccer Club. Information about any activities would be shared on the PTO website https://mteaglepto.com/